The TEC envisions a world with safe digital economies that protect and support public goods.
Missed the last community call?
Watch the replay
To·ken En·gi·neer·ing /ˈtōkən/ /enjəˈniriNG/
- An emerging engineering discipline focused on holistic systems design and the theory, practice and tools used to design and verify tokenized ecosystems i.e. cyptoeconomic systems and their simulation using tools like cadCAD.
- A discipline of responsibility; adhering to the highest principles of ethical conduct (from ethical engineering)
- A community pushing forward the field of token engineering in theory and practice. (See more Modeling Crypto Protocols as Complex Systems, TE Process)
The Token Engineering Commons (TEC) is an open source and collectively governed project that aims to create a token economy that will accelerate the responsible & ethical creation of public goods within the TE community.
This token economy will be based off of 1Hive’s Gardens template and have a bonding curve that feeds into a conviction voting DAO. The TE Commons is an intentionally-designed, dynamic relationship between the TEC token holders, the resources they collectively hold, and the protocols that govern their interactions. By protocols, namely, this includes the smart contracts that tokenize the use of funds as well as the culture and social norms of the token holders that use tokens to fund projects.
Our primary goal, in the near term, is to launch Token Engineering Commons (TEC), and operating, with a resilient culture once launched, the TEC (smart contracts and culture built around it) will align incentives around advancing the token engineering discipline. There are a many requirements to fulfill, these are just some of the most important:
- The TEC will be launched by a Trusted Seed, a critical mass of token engineering, decentralized governance, and commons management “experts.”
- The TEC will consist of an Augmented Bonding Curve (or similar bonding curve) feeding into a community pool of funds that can be disbursed using Conviction Funding.
- The Token Engineering Commons will be able to be upgradable so that it can improve upon its initial design.
The cultural and technical build are currently happening to ensure a successful launch of the TEC and are the focus, until they are completed and the TEC is allocating funding to support TE Public Goods.
The TE Commons mission is to gather and steward the efficient distribution of funds to projects in the emerging field of token engineering to encourage the robust and ethical design of tokenized infrastructures.
The TE Commons will curate and connect projects to the resources they need, while also evolving and maintaining our own healthy culture & regenerative infrastructure where capital supports contributions, contributions create value, value empowers token engineers, and people who appreciate token engineers being empowered contribute capital of all sorts.
Collaborators - Supporters - Ecosystem - Friends